Phone 01747 841 212 or mobile 07802 182 375
Archive site: www.autofocusimages.com
Book site : www.howtophotographcars.co.uk
James Mann is a dyed-in-the-wool car and motorcycle nut.
Born in London in 1963, James went to some of the final races at Crystal Palace with his father as a lad and rode motorcycles at the earliest opportunity.
James studied Editorial and Advertising photography at Gloucester college of Art and Tech’ before landing a job on Classic and Sports Car Magazine in 1989.
Since then he has traveled all over the world photographing, people, cars, landscapes and events and his pictures have been seen in over 50 books, hundreds of magazines and he’s still coming up with new ideas for subjects, shoots and styles to suit clients.
Over the years James has competed in classic saloon car racing and numerous classic rallies as both navigator and driver and owns a rather decrepit 1966 Ford Mustang GT coupe and a Hotchkiss Jeep
He lives in Dorset with his wife and two children.
- Fastest ride: McLaren F1 195 mph Bruntingthorpe
- Fastest Drive: Ford GT40 on the way to Le Mans, 1997 – 155mph
- Most exciting ride: Brands Hatch in a Ferrari 250GTO with multiple World Champion John Surtees in early spring snow
- Wierdest Place: Bonneville Salt Flats,Utah
- Most valuable car: ex Juan Manual Fangio Mercedes W196 ($29M) photographed
- Heroes: Juan Manual Fangio,/ Buzz Aldrin
- Best Event: Goodwood Circuit Revival
- Favourite car: Alfa Romeo Monza (1933 Grand Prix)
- Loves: Johnny Cash, the smell of Castrol R
- Favourite portraits by JM: John Fitch,Amherst Villiers
- Favourite photographer: Jacque Henri Lartigue
- Old crocks owned: 1966 Mustang GT coupe, Hotchkiss Jeep
- Favourite Day: When the clocks go forward